Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing : The final commercial

Today in class I put the final touches on the commercial. The final touches included any last minute edits and adding music to the commercial. When I got into class today I grabbed my laptop and plugged in my flash drive. You have to make sure to grab the same laptop you used before since all the footage is on that one computer. The entire editing process was a lot easier than I expected. I expected editing to be very difficult. The time I have edited in the past I found to be challenging, but using Pinnacle Studios was fairly simple.  There was pretty a button to do everything such as cutting or detaching audio. The only hard part was adding the music.

To add music to the commercial there are many steps you have to take. You first must look up a copy right free music from YouTube and find one you like. Then you have to convert it into an MP3 file. To do this you copy the url from the video and paste it into a MP3 converter. There are many websites that are  MP3 converters. But you have to be careful some of the websites contain virus. This actually happened to us, and weird ads were popping up on our computer and we could not get rid of them. Next class I have to talk to my teacher about the problem. Hopefully this virus doesn't affect any of the work I did.

Anyway we were never able to download the audio we wanted to use. But we found an old audio already downloaded into Pinnacle Studios. We liked it so we ending up using it for our commercial. All we had to do at that point was drag the audio clip onto the first bar on the editing page. We were able to cut the audio to fit our footage. It worked out perfectly. I am still worried about the virus on the computer. I do not know how to get rid of it or how it got there. The last step in this process is our critical reflection questions. They are a few basic questions about our experience with the entire commercial. The commercial  doesn't look like a nice, professional commercial you see on TV but I am very proud of what we accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment