Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming blog

 Last class on friday I checked out a camera and tripod in class in order for me to film over the past weekend. When I checked out the camera I  first had to fill out a camera rental contract then turn it into a folder. Then after that I got the camera and the tripod. It is a simple process and takes no longer than five minutes. I then carried the equipment back home.  I was able to fit the camera into my backpack but, I had to carry the tripod. Once I got home I plugged in the camera to charge. It can take a while for the cameras to fully charge so I wanted to make sure I gave the camera enough time to charge. The camera stayed charging overnight. My two friends, Ana Mazin and Kol Bennett were coming to my house later that day to film the commercial with me.
They arrived at my house around one o'clock in the afternoon. When they got to my house we gathered the equipment then went outside to my backyard to start filming. When I opened the camera I checked the SD card slot and I realized I did not have one. I made a huge mistake of not checking inside the classroom. Since we did not have an SD card we couldn't film on the camera. But, we decided to film on my phone. Using the phone was actually easier then the video camera since we were all more comfortable with phone cameras anyways. Some shots took multiple takes since it was hard for us not to laugh or make mistakes. We were able to film mostly all of the commercial but we did not finish. They both had to leave around three thirty so it was kinda hard to film all of the commercial in just a few hours.
We are planning another time during the next few weekends to get back together to film the rest of the commercial. We do not have that much last and should not take us more than a hour to complete filming. Tomorrow I will return the camera and tripod to class. I will have to check out the camera again when we decide on when we are filming again. I can't just keep the camera at my house in case anything happens. After we are all done with the entire filming process I will move the footage to a computer then begin the editing process. Then it is time for mid terms then winter break! I am looking forward totwinter break

No comments:

Post a Comment