Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing

Today in class I had to film a little bit more of footage. Once again I was in charge of pressing the record button and directing the actor. I was actually in one shot though, I was acting as the coach looking at her stopwatch. Once we got back into class we dumped all of our footage onto the same computer as last time. Once we dumped I moved all of the footage from today and Thursday onto a flash drive. This process took about 10 minutes since the files are so large. I got all the footage we need for the commercial and won't be filming anymore. I am moving onto the next stop in the commercial process: editing the footage. But unfortunately the program we use to edit, Pinnacle Studios, crashed on the computer. Meaning we will have to postpone the editing process until the system is fixed
The commercial is being put off until further notice. During the time we might be starting our next project. Our next project is creating a music video. But we might not do the music video either since the music video also needs editing. I am not sure what we are doing next or when the system will be back up. Our teacher is extending the deadline and will not penalize our grade. I will continue writing blogs every class period. I am hoping the editing software will be open again soon. I have never edited before and I am looking forward to being able to use it. Once the system is back up and we finish editing the commercial will be finished and uploaded.
I am not super surprised that the system crashed. Our computers are very old and slow. They still work okay but when many students have gigabytes worth of footage trying to upload all at once, the system can not handle it.. I think the school system should invest in brand new computers. Living in a society that is technology dependent schools need money for software.  But I also understand that school budgeting is very tight and there are more important factors to spend money on such as structural problems in schools. For the money the school board has the computers are the best they can get. I'm guessing the software will be back up and running again in 1 to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment