Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

      Hello! My name is Julia M and I am reintroducing myself since it has been almost a month since my last blog. I am a freshmen at Fort Lauderdale High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I am in the Cambridge magnet program. I am in the AICE media studies class. This is my first time taking a media class. For this upcoming project I will be working with a partner, Kol B. Kol and I have worked together for the previous projects. Kol is also a freshmen in the Cambridge program.
We have worked well together in the past so we decided to work together again.
        Leading up to our final task project I have had some practice to prepare for this final project.  I have created a commercial and a music video. I have become comfortable with the equipment such as the camera and the editing software. I have learned how to come up with a plan and create a storyboard. I have learned to film with the video cameras and edit on Pinnacle Studios. I have also learned more about camera angles and shots. I have learned about what it takes to film a blockbuster movie.  I am excited to be able to actually make a movie. I will be able to use my creativity and think of my own personal concept.
         We are at the first step in the film making process right now. Creating a pitch. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea. The film idea is encapsulated into twenty five words. Kol and I have come up with three different pitch ideas for our film. Our first pitch idea is, there's a new neighbor and he sees the girl next door. They become friends overnight but the boy becomes overly attached and follows her every move. Our second pitch idea is, a very wealthy family hires a new house cleaner. She ends up stealing all of the families wealth, but will she get caught? Our final pitch idea is , Two best friends since birth but , one of them has a secret crush on the other, will she confess her feeling or keep them a secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment